Monday, April 21, 2014

NoseFrida- The booger sucker

      NOSE BOOGER SUCKER


      When I would go to buy buy baby with my mom to shop for different peoples baby showers, I would always see the NoseFrida and would comment on how grosse it is. It is literally a hose where you stick one end into babys nose and the other in your mouth and you suck out the boogers. OBVIOUSLY the boogers dont reach your mouth, it has a filter that acts like a plug to not let the boogers reach your mouth. My mom used to tell me "when you have a baby and that baby has a stuffy nose, you'll literally suck the boogers out of your babys nose to make him/her happy... you never find anything you do for your baby grosse".
      Brianna is still getting rid of the amniotic fluid and other hormones in her system from being in my belly for 9 months. This has caused her nose to be stuffy and if you've ever seen the size of a babys nostril, you cant imagine her keeping a booger in there. Its so small that the smallest booger can plug her nose. About the time I gave birth, I read an article on the traditional nose aspirator, the "blue bombita" and how many bacteria it contained. Here's a picture of one of those nose bulbs cut in half:

THATS MOLD!!!!!!!!!! THATS GOING IN A BABYS NOSE

     So today at Buy Buy Baby I bought the NoseFrida.. and I must say... its amazing!!!!! Obviously a moms suck is much stronger than the suck of a blue little bulb and with one suck in each nostril, boogers were out ( sounds disgusting I know)!!

     I would post pictures of what I took out, but I dont think Brianna would appreciate me putting booger pictures on this blog when she reads it when she gets older.

     I used saline drops in each little nostril and then waited about 20 minutes so that the boogers were softer. Then I used the NoseFrida.
    
Here is what it looks like:



THE BELOW PICTURE IS OBVIOUSLY A LIE. NO BABY IS HAPPY TO HAVE A TUBE PUT IN THEIR NOSE, BUT THEY ARE HAPPY TO BE ABLE TO BREATH BETTER.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment