Wednesday, April 23, 2014

MY CHILD SLEPT IN A BOUNCER ALL NIGHT... DONT JUDGE!!!!

      MY CHILD HATES HER CRIB!

     When people would tell me that their 5-10 year old child still sleeps with them because when they were a baby the baby hated his/her crib and the parents would put baby in their bed so that the parents could sleep, I was the first to judge. I never understood how a baby who is born not knowing anything could hate something. In my head, a baby was like a sponge and you taught baby which bottle, pacifier, baby lotion, and sleeping place to like. No hubo lengua que hablo que Dios no castigo. BRIANNA HATES HER CRIB!! You can rock her to sleep until you think she cant possibly wake up because you have been rocking her and singing for an hour and she has been asleep the whole time. The second you put her in the crib, she becomes hysterical! Then when you pick her up, she falls asleep again.
     Two nights ago, I became desperate. I had spent between 11:00am and 2:30am bouncing Brianna around the room, singing every song I knew in both english and spanish, and giving her gripe water thinking it was a gas and changing her pamper constantly in the case what was bothering her was feeling dirty. I became so desperate that I woke up my sleeping husband who wakes up for work at 4:00 am and told him I was going to the car to get the stroller and planned on pushing her all through the house until she fell asleep and was going to let her sleep in it. 
     As I was walking down the stairs, I saw her Fisher Price Calming Vibrations bouncer. Brianna loves that thing and always falls asleep in it. It goes with me to whatever room I go, from my room, to the living room, to the dining room, to the kitchen table if I have to. It helps her with her colics and hiccups and the little attachments amaze her. I took it upstairs and laid her in it. Within 5 seconds she was asleep!!! I was in awe!!!!! I literally started crying with joy!! I couldnt believe all she needed was to be put in that seat to fall asleep!! 
      However, its not made for sleeping and although I shouldve fallen asleep the second she fell asleep, I spent all night googling wether or not its safe for a baby to sleep in a bouncer, etc. I read how many moms who had become desperate had done the same thing but obviously its not safe for them, especially if theyre strong enough to roll out of it. 
      Brianna slept the whole night ( a total of about 5 hours with feedings in between) in the bouncer. Her neck was totally like squashed to one side and it broke my heart. So the next morning, I went straight to Babys R Us to see if I could find some kind of vibrating swing where she could sleep in without it harming her.  
      I found the Ingenuity Rocking Sleeper! It has music, vibrates, rocks, has a star and moon projector, and is made for sleeping. I was skeptical because obviously she was not going to be as inclined as she is on the Fisher Price bouncer but I decided to buy it and give it a shot. 
      PRAISE JESUS FOR THE INGENUITY ROCKING SLEEPER!!! I slept 4.5 hours straight last night, which is the equivalent of 48 hours for a non-mom. I put her in it and she complained for about 15 seconds and right when she sounded that she was getting ready to cry, she all of the sudden became silent. My husband and I jumped from the bed thinking that something had happened to her and when we look she was totally asleep. She slept until the 5:00am feeding.
     As I always say, different things work for different people. What I think happens to Brianna in the crib versus the bouncer or the sleeper is that in the crib she doesnt feel cuddled/safe. She feels safe in my arms and in anything that kind of snuggles her. She is impossible to swaddle as she sticks her arms out no matter if the Hulk swaddles her and tends to cover her face with the blanket, so sleeping without anything I think scares her. You see her arms swinging everywhere and it usually makes her wake up.

Ingenuity Rocking Sleeper


Fisher Price Calming Vibrations Bouncer

 Until next time!!!
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment