Friday, April 11, 2014

I HEART Butt Paste

BUTT PASTE!!   


 On Brianna's 1 week birthday, between 8:30pm and 9:30pm, Brianna must have done #2 ten times ( dont mean to be grosse).. As a first time mommy, I was about 1 poop away from going to the hospital!! It was heart breaking!!! We kept changing her and changing her and everytime i would button her onesie, she would begin again! Thankfully, Briannas army ( my mom, dad, husband, kids, aunt, and grandmas) were all here at my house and they all started telling me stories of how I had done the same thing when I was a baby and that it was nothing to worry about unless it continued into the night! I googled and read how when babies are "building their stomachs", they may have a transition period where they #2 a lot.
      By the time the 11:00pm feeding came around, Brianna had stopped going to the bathroom and was back to normal. Her butt cheeks, however, were not. She got the worst diaper rash!!! One that I prayed constantly that God would give it to me and not to her because it looked so painful!! She was red, and although everytime we cleaned her we cleaned her with water ( I try to wipee only if im on the road), she would yell everytime we would wash her down there. It was horrible and had me in tears! Everyone began to give me their opinion.. " It could be allergy to the diapers", "It could be an allergy to the detergent", "It could be an allergy to the wipees", "It could be an allergy to the formula" etc. I decided to start with the diaper rash cream since she would cry everytime  I put some on her.
    At the hospital, I had been given Desitin, and until that point it had seemed to be working well. But with the diaper rash it seemed to be doing the opposite. My aunt and my dad, two of the most peaceful and non-stressed souls in the world, went to CVS and bought every diaper rash cream in the world!!! When they came home, they had brought A&D, triple paste, and Butt Paste.
     About 10 years ago I worked at my moms work as a summer camp couselor. I remember one of the parents telling me that her daughter only responded to Butt Cream and to not use anything else on her. I gave the Butt Paste a try.
    Immediately I started to see results. Poor girl, I would put so much on her that sometimes I wondered if she was going to be able to pee through so much Butt Paste. Within 1 day, her rash was basically gone. She didnt cry once when I would put it on her and I have been applying it like its free since that day!
     Different things work for different people. Some people suare by Desitin!! Different babies have different needs!!



No comments:

Post a Comment